With creativity, flexibility, and energy, the Administrative Assistant will facilitate success every day by providing high-quality, proactive solutions as an integral part of the team to achieve exceptional business results.
As a Administrative Assistant, you will be serving as the first point of contact for people coming into the organization, while handling incoming phone calls and prioritizing other responsibilities. If you believe that a smile and warm welcome can change someone’s day and have an affinity for providing exceptional service while staying organized and directing traffic – this might be the right position for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries.
- Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories.
- Maintains security by following procedures and monitoring logbook.
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (list other software) or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Two plus years of experience in an administrative role.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft word and excel.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.