Aftermarket Service Coordinator
As an Aftermarket Service Coordinator at EMT International, you will work with customers to provide quality service and to ensure clients receive the support and solutions they need. The services could include supporting break-fix reactive maintenance, coordinating installations, or work with internal departments to quote and implement upgrades to existing equipment in the field. This position will have a have primary and secondary focus within these areas of service. There is a heavy customer service basis, as the Service Coordinator is often the initial contact, so having good people skills is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with customers and service technicians.
- Improve customer relationships by providing timely and accurate responses to their inquiries.
- Coordinate meetings and communications with customers as needed.
- Communicate status, schedule and key issues to customers and EMT/Rotocontrol management.
- Schedule Service Technician resource visits to the customer site as needed
- Create the statement of work for the break/fix, installation or upgrade project.
- Monitor project progress, adjusting as needed to keep on schedule.
- ravel to the customer site to support the installation, break-fix, or upgrade
- Develop service and support process improvements.
- Mentor and develop technical resources
- Negotiate activities with customer when required.
- Adjust the billing rates and estimations according to company’s policy.
- Travel up to 25%
- Perform other job-related duties as required
- Primary owner of the EMT Technical Service phone line and email inbox; along with Field Service Technicians who also monitor the service phone line and email inbox.
- Higher level technical support for knowledge and troubleshooting
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify root cause
- Coordinate parts delivery required to repair a machine
- Identify failure trends and develop root cause corrective actions
- Maintenance knowledge base for improving first fix resolutions and shorten the time to issue resolutions
- Implement customer service bulletins
- Track and monitor break/fix project execution to make sure that the customer requirements are met.
- Support Key Process Indicators to ensure timely and accurate customer resolution
- Provide quotes to support travel, phone support, parts required
- Maintain service contracts
- Provide support for both warranty and non-warranty issues
- Create and maintain installation plans for equipment
- Perform site surveys as needed
- Coordinate with external rigging and facilities to support installations
- Collaborate with the testing department to ensure testing is completed to customer specifications
- Provide support to customers who have purchased solutions which will require installation, starting from time of order through factory acceptance, site acceptance, and issue resolution
- Communicate and coordinate directly with customers prior to, during and post installation to ensure success.
- Periodically perform as resource supporting the installation.
- Negotiate project activities with customer when required.
- Adjust the billing rates and estimations according to company’s policy
- Support Key Process Indicators to ensure timely and profitable installations
Aftermarket Service – Upgrades/Audit/Training Programs
- Coordinate parts delivery required upgrade or proactively maintenance a machine
- Support development of end of life and upgrade solutions with customers and other department
- Create specifications and develop quotes for solutions
- Support creation and maintenance of audit and spare parts programs
- Periodically perform as resource supporting the upgrades audit, or other tasks as needed.
- Proactively seek opportunities for upgrades through collaboration on new technologies with engineering or visiting customer sites to perform an assessment to determine optimization for workflow improvements
- Develop a training program as a service offering as well as for technical development internally
- Coordinate onsite demonstrations with the customer and resources internally
- Project manage through kick off, production, and installation
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Project management skills.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Project management education or experience.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Proven leadership skills
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in high level technological studies, including but not limited to Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Design
- 2 years of experience in a technical customer service role.
- Competent in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.