EMT International designs and manufactures the latest in high-tech digital web printing and label equipment. We are located in a 70,000 square foot facility that serves as our corporate headquarters and is located in Hobart, Wisconsin.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY… WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
Entry level position working from verbal instructions, blueprints, sketches and complex assembly drawings to perform diversified mechanical bench or floor assemblies. This position would also help with the teardown and crating of our equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts for electromechanical equipment.
- Drill and tap bolt holes.
- Inspect and test completed units.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Interpret instructions.
- Assemble parts list.
- Tag or mark identifying information on parts.
- Grease or lubricate parts.
- Tap or ream bolt holes with drill presses.
- Attach name plates to assemblies.
- Adjust and grind down parts if necessary.
- Position and fasten units to assemblies and subassemblies.
- Fasten cables and wiring.
- Use calipers and micrometers to measure parts and determine tolerances.
- Solder electrical components.
- Test for mechanical reliability.
- Measure dimensions/clearance of parts.
- Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Other job related tasks as assigned.
- Operate fork lift
- Operate Overhead Crane
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders.
- Detail orientation and customer focus.
- Ability and flexibility to work hours needed to complete the job.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety practices.
- A team player who can work independently.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years of assembly experience in a manufacturing environment or relevant work environment experience a plus.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.