Position Summary: Create effective and consistent CNC programs for milling and turning centers using MasterCam. Machine parts if needed. Develop and improve programming methods and practices as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create programs for CNC vertical/horizontal machining centers and CNC lathes.
- Manage machine shop tooling for optimum profitability, including tooling specification, testing, standardization and purchases.
- Design jigs and fixtures for machining.
- Track and analyze data from R&D testing
- Propose continuous improvement activities to enhance manufacturing operations
- Modify BOM’s and routings as necessary.
- Suggest part design improvements.
- Program multiple machines to maximize capacity and flexibility.
- Perform machining duties as requested.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Understanding of metallurgy and differences in materials.
- Understanding of tooling for metal cutting and associated speeds/feeds
- Proficient understanding of tolerances and GD & T
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in investigation, follow-up and intellectual curiosity.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Team player
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Technical Degree/Diploma in Machine Tool Operation or similar education/experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in setup and operation of CNC milling and turning centers, using precision measuring tools, and knowledge of general machine shop tooling
- Computer skills including Microsoft office, inventor, solid works, PDM and MasterCam.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered