Conventional Lead Assembly
Oversees, coordinates and directly participates in activities of the Conventional Assembly area. Coordinates the timely completion of tasks to meet EMT International standards, customer expectations and departmental goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to the areas of responsibility.
- Oversee that equipment meets established EMT quality standards.
- Develop procedures that promote correct, repeatable methods of assembly
- Oversee machine sub-assembly builds are on schedule and report any barriers to the Production Manager.
- Foster strong teamwork and good communication within the department and interdepartmentally.
- Collaborate with Engineering to create ease of assembly and design integrity.
- Monitor production demands; schedule personnel to maximize the ability to complete assigned tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Process Assembly documentation as required
- Participate in and facilitate training opportunities
- Act as a resource and mentor to team and other departments
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as 5S, Visual Management and Point of Use storage
- Track and report on departmental KPI’s
- Perform job-related tasks as requested
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Priority management skills
- Driven to complete and improve
- Positive attitude
- Intellectual curiosity
- Approachable demeanor.
- Ability to mentor, motivate and build trust with team members
- Knowledge of the Change Management process
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, and be dedicated to improving existing processes
- Strong organizational skills
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Associates degree in mechanical or electrical; or combination; or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated competency in reading blueprints, assembling machinery and component parts
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software
- Applied demonstration of key ERP applications such as Operation Completion and Job Tracking systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, critical thinking and logical path sequence
- Proven leadership experience
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.