Electrical Panel Assembler
The Panel Assembler is responsible for interpretation of electrical prints to build and complete the electrical power and control panels of the equipment we manufacture at EMT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drill and tap bolt holes.
- Mount back panel devices and wire per schematics
- Inspect and test completed units.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Ability to use a multimeter
- Interpret instructions.
- Assemble parts list.
- Tag or mark identifying information on parts.
- Adjust and grind down parts if necessary.
- Inspect parts for flaws and imperfections.
- Position and fasten units to assemblies and subassemblies.
- Fasten cables and wiring.
- Solder electrical components.
- Measure dimensions/clearance of parts.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain equipment.
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Other job related tasks as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- General electrical knowledge regarding AC/DC
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Detail orientation and customer focus.
- Ability and flexibility to work hours needed to complete the job.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety practices.
- A team player who can work independently.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Must have previous work experience in the electrical field
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and drawings
- Must have the ability to Solder
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft word and excel a plus
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.