Position Summary: The Outside/Inside Diameter Grinder position will utilize machining skills to meet tolerance requirements of prints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use of precision measuring instruments to verify dimensions before, during, and after operations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to grind to tolerances of +/-.0001
- Knowledge of feeds, speeds, dressing of wheels, use of coolants and oils
- Strong attention to detail
- Good work ethic and is dependable
- Work well with others and be a team player
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- High school diploma/GED or graduation from a certified technical school
- Ability to work independently
- Strong detail orientation
- Grinding or related experience preferred
- Equivalent work experience and education will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.