Human Resources Business Partner
Position Summary: The HR Business Partners will work in conjunction to serve the staff and leadership at EMT International performing high-level HR-related duties on a professional level. The position will partner with departments to provide recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding services. In addition, the position will be responsible to provide expertise on benefits, STD, LTD, ADA, FMLA, worker’s comp, training on such topics, and guidance on performance management. In addition, the HR Business Partner is responsible for safety including OSHA requirements, safety team and training, along with the First Aid team and a variety of services provided to employees and leadership at EMT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the HR Partner to assigned departments.
• Posting, wage analysis, hiring process
• Attend or set up recruiting events
• Attend and/or coordinate NEW Manufacturers Alliance career days for students
• Initial Safety Training
• Employee Relations
• ADP Initial Entry
• Initial Insurance Processing
• FMLA, STD, LTD Administration
• Exit Interviews
• OSHA Compliance
• Worker’s Comp
• Unemployment Responses
• Leader Assistance
• Maintain Files for areas
• Performance Reviews
• Exit Interviews
• Open enrollment for benefits
• Contribute to insurance negotiations
• Maintain successful relationships with insurance carriers and third party administrators
• Day to Day needs of the departments
• Serve as back-up to each other.
- Provide the follow HR Support duties companywide
• Progression Review Reminders
• Job Descriptions writing and maintenance
• Electrical Safe Practice oversights
• Shoe/Glasses Reimbursement
• Hometown Store- Company Orders
• KONOP Maintenance
• Service Awards
• HSA Administration
• Government Reports
• First Aid Training/Records
• Oversee monthly insurance and WI DOJ Bills
• 401 (k) processing
• Communication w Executive Leadership Team
• Company Events including meetings, picnics, social events.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
• Strong understanding of principals of Human Resources
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
• Skilled in organizing and maintaining a variety of office records and confidential files, determining formats for documents, reports and various documents and correspondence, composing letters or memoranda, preparing reports and establishing and maintaining files and records.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ethical conduct.
• Time management skills.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
• A bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience performing similar duties.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment desirable.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.