We are seeking a Lathe Lead – Programmer to work full time, 7 – 3:30 pm, utilizing their skills and can-do attitude, to join our team! The successful candidate will have programming and lathe experience with a desire to lead machinists. We offer full benefits including medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, tuition reimbursement, vacation and 401(k). If this is you, please submit your resume to us! Visit us at http://www.emtinternational.com.
Oversees, coordinates, and directly participates in activities in the machine shop and programming. Coordinates the timely completion of tasks to meet EMT International standards, customer expectations and departmental goals. Responsible for creating operational standards for the shop and continues improvement of through-put.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to the areas of responsibility.
- Develop continuous improvement procedures for shop processes.
- Create and implement standards. (setup, programming, tooling, training)
- Oversee jobs are on schedule, report any barriers.
- Report out to Production Mgr., on any concerns, ideas, and positives for assigned areas.
- Foster strong teamwork and good communication within the department and interdepartmentally.
- Collaborate with Engineering on print issues or areas for improvement.
- Participate in and facilitate training opportunities, including cross-training of staff.
- · Act as a resource and mentor to team and other departments.
- Promote preparation of next job or working on secondary operations.
- Perform Programming as assigned – minimum of 50% of time.
- Reduce setup time and increase throughput, efficiencies, runtime, and on-time ops.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Possess a positive can-do attitude
- Approachable demeanor.
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software
- Exceptional mechanical skills
- Possess an understanding of G and M Code.
- Knowledge of Mastercam.
- Detail oriented and customer focus.
- Ability to flex work hours needed to complete the job
- Ability to read blueprints and understand Engineering specifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, and be dedicated to improving existing processes
- Strong organizational skills
- Driven to succeed.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent; post high school diploma preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a production machine shop including experience operating horizontal machining centers and/or vertical machining centers and manual machines; experience in a metal cutting environment preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders.
- Experience using precision measurement tools.
- Previous programming experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, critical thinking and logical path sequence
- Previous leadership roles or training a plus
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.