Panel Shop Lead
Oversees, coordinates and directly participates in activities of the Panel Shop area. Coordinates the timely completion of tasks to meet EMT International standards, customer expectations and departmental goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direction to the areas of responsibility.
- Oversee equipment meets established quality standards
- Develop procedures to promote correct, repeatable methods of assembly
- Ensure panels and cable assemblies are on schedule and report any barriers to the Finishing Lead or Assembly Manager
- Foster strong teamwork and good communication within the department and interdepartmentally.
- Collaborate with Engineering to create ease of assembly and design integrity
- Monitor production demands; schedule personnel to maximize the ability to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Process Panel documentation as required.
- Participate in and facilitate training.
- Act as resource and mentor team and other departments.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Techniques such as 5S, Visual Management and Point of Use storage
- Track and report on departmental KPI’s
- Perform job-related tasks as requested.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Possess a can-do attitude
- Approachable demeanor
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office software
- Exceptional electrical assembly skills
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, and be dedicated to improving existing processes
- Knowledge of the Change Management process
- Applied demonstration of key ERP applications such as Parts Issuing, Dispatch Status, Operation Completion and Job Tracking systems
- Ability to read Electrical schematics and understand Engineering specifications
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Demonstrated competency in an electrical role involving reading schematics, building panels and field wiring machines.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, critical thinking and logical path sequence
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Previous leadership roles or training a plus
- A combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.