Production Planning Intern
The Production Planning Intern will work with our Planners to help create and maintain production schedules per engineering capacity, materials availability, and manufacturing capacity to best meet the customer delivery requirements for new machines and replacement parts. This is a part-time position working 24 hours/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend the production planning meetings for new machine orders to establish critical milestone durations for engineering, purchasing, machining, assembly, testing, and shipping.
- Analyze customer orders and help establish production schedules for timely delivery, based on input from the production planning meeting
- Analyze capacity in the downstream operations and create rules for adjusting milestone dates while minimizing the impact of customer delivery dates
- Populate and maintain the production schedule for machines
- Enter machine and part jobs into the ERP system upon release from engineering (machines) and sales (parts)
Work with Machine Shop Manager to analyze capacity for make versus purchase and select the best option based on schedule requirements
- Assist in the printing of part routing travelers and part drawings to be delivered to the machine shop
- Participate in weekly Production meeting to analyze current production status vs. schedule to determine whether job is on track
- Monitor production and adjust the schedule for timely delivery
- Communicate schedule changes with the responsible salesperson for machines and part orders
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Junior or Senior standing in an Operations Management or Supply Chain degree program preferred.
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong computer experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and communicate with internal and external parties.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, plan, and prioritize duties to meet multiple overlapping and competing deadlines and strict timelines.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, including collecting data, establishing facts, drawing conclusions, and recommending effective correction action.
- Follow safe practices and procedures as required
- Previous experience in metals manufacturing is a plus.
The above is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
EMT International designs and manufactures the latest in high-tech digital web printing and label equipment. We are located in a 70,000 square foot facility that serves as our corporate headquarters and is located in Hobart, Wisconsin.