Position Summary: This position could be assigned to inventory OR shipping/receiving, but will be cross-trained in both areas. This position assists in maintaining inventory and fulfilling orders as well as is responsible for shipping/receiving duties, inventory check in, maintaining inventory, picking and issuing of parts for internal customers, and moving materials between departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform shipping and receiving activities.
- Utilize proper documentation procedures.
- Maintain on-time and accurate receiving of machine components and the shipping of parts for service, paint and major machines.
- Address any order changes and/or cancelations as appropriate and process any returns while addressing any associated fees.
- Assist to coordinate the movement of material and related paperwork in and out of EMT facilities.
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Maintain on-time, accurate picking of machine components and customer parts/orders.
- Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies.
- Reduce operating expenses by monitoring the use of materials, tools and supplies, including Bin Stock items and Material Handling general supplies.
- Verify BOM changes have been completed and processed.
- Oversee inventory accuracy by coordinating the counting, recording, and disposition of stock received.
- Locate and deliver Stock and WIP components and delivers to downstream customers as requested
- Provide training to new and current employees.
- Resolve problems utilizing knowledge of shipping/receiving/stock operations.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with ERP systems related to material handling desired.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing desired.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Sense of urgency and ability to prioritize tasks and meet competing commitments.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to perform physical demands of the position
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One – two years shipping and receiving or inventory experience in a manufacturing setting desired.
- Forklift or high-lift trained preferable.
- Ability to flex hours to meet demands of department.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.