The Technical Trainer develops and managesl training curriculum for the organization, including a company onboarding course, safety training, and department-specific skill development, with a primary focus on training new machining and assembly employees. The Trainer will work closely with department personnel to develop a curriculum that delivers consistent and efficient upskilling of new and existing employees. Curriculum will be maintained and delivered through an LMS (Learning Management System); BlackBoard leased from Northeast Wisconsin Technical College.
EMT International Values:
An employee commits to the EMT International core values of Passion, Accountability, Customer Service and Teamwork, and demonstrates commitment through daily interactions and work ethic.
Technical Trainer Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a training methodology defining learning objectives and outcomes for each course.
- Develop learning activities and teaching assessments, both formative and summative.
- Maintain and create a standard BlackBoard shell for each type of course within the LMS.
- Manage and enroll students into the respective training classes as they occur
- Train HR Partners, managers, and trainees to use BlackBoard.
- Collaborate with Department Leaders to create a training plan for both the short term to meet ramp-up needs in assembly and machining as well as the overall organization.
- Implement the training plan
- Create training materials/curriculum based on assembly procedures, checklists, and related activities needed to assemble machines to include the following:
- Learning Objectives (purpose for course)
- Learning Outocomes and Competenices (pecifically what will be learned)
- Learning Activities (how it will be taught)
- Learning assessments (validatewhat was learned)
- Conduct train the trainer within the departments to create content specific trainers whenever possible, expanding the ability to deliver the established training curriculum
- Deliver technical training, especially in the machine shop and assembly
- In Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, Sales, Customer Services, lead the curriculum development and create subject matter expert type trainers.
- Coordinate any third-party trainers and WAT Grant related training courses to ensure they are managed through our BlackBoard site.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Knowledge of manufacturing raw materials, production processes, quality control
- Ability to interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Use precision measurement tools such as dial caliper, micrometer, feeler gauge, plastigage, laser alignment, machine level, etc.
- Ability to generate and edit G and M Code and utilize MasterCAM
- Experience using precision measurement tools.
- Setup and operate CNC machines (VMC, HMC, and Lathes and manual machines
- Be responsible for dimensional inspection, productivity, and efficiency of the machines.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors.
- Verify conformance of finished work to specifications.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge of machines and assemblies
- Communicate effectively (oral and written)
Required Experience, Education, and Training:
- Advanced training such as a Journey-worker Certificate, Technical Certificate, Technical Diploma, or Associates of Applied Sciences in manufacturing or related disciplines
- Five years as an instructor or trainer
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety practices.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of TWI (Training Within Industry) is a plus but not required.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.