Position Summary: The Test Technician is responsible for testing and validating equipment for EMT and our customers specifications prior to release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct testing on equipment prior to release to customer.
- Complete accurate electronic and written documentation as required by department.
- Provide timely communication to Test Lead on any issues, concerns or updates with project.
- Answer technical questions regarding equipment.
- Communicate any project issues or concerns to Test Lead.
- Communicate pertinent information with other departments to keep project moving forward.
- Work with Test Lead to establish standard testing processes and procedures for the validation of our equipment.
- Wire machinery as per the electrical schematics
- Estimate the duration of task, given a defined scope of work.
- Oversee test area is clean and 5-s processes are followed.
- Interpret and manipulate electrical schematics and PLC logic to achieve machine functionality.
- Function as a training resource regarding the testing and validation of our equipment.
- Represent EMT professionally and positively with external and internal customers.
- Travel may be required to perform service work.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Strong PLC commissioning and troubleshooting skills.
- Exceptional mechanical and electrical assembly and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read blueprints and understand engineering specifications
- Proven professional written and personal communication skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work well on a team or independently
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, and be dedicated to improving existing processes
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- AS or BS in Automation or Engineering Technology, or similar equivalent experience.
- Prior experience performing similar duties required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The above is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.