Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. Responsible for fitting and assembling electromechanical equipment and machines. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble parts for electromechanical equipment.
- Drill and spot-face bolt holes.
- Inspect and test completed units.
- Read and interpret schematics, blueprints, and drawings.
- Interpret instructions.
- Assemble parts list.
- Tag or mark identifying information on parts.
- Grease or lubricate parts.
- Tap or ream bolt holes with drill presses.
- Attach name plates to assemblies.
- Adjust and grind down parts if necessary.
- Inspect parts for flaws and imperfections.
- Position and fasten units to assemblies and subassemblies.
- Fasten cables and wiring.
- Use calipers and micrometers to measure parts and determine tolerances.
- Solder electrical components.
- Test for mechanical reliability.
- Measure dimensions/clearance of parts.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Train others to install, use, or maintain equipment.
- Train personnel on proper operational procedures.
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Other job related tasks as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities/Key Characteristics:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, engineering specifications and shop orders.
- Experience using precision measurement tools.
- Detail orientation and customer focus.
- Ability and flexibility to work hours needed to complete the job.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of manufacturing safety practices.
- A team player who can work independently.
Required Experience, Education and Training:
- Two plus years of experience in the assembly or repair of automated and/or web handling equipment.
- Computer skills, particularly Microsoft word and excel.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.